Wolf Creek Federal Services Career Technical Training Instructor (Culinary Arts) in PALMER, Alaska
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/ General Description of Job:
Responsible for providing career technical training (CTT) instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. Work as part of a training team in coordinating CTT instruction, academic instruction, work-based learning and social development in compliance with government, corporate, and management directives.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Provide students with CTT instruction in a designated area of instruction.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, and/or study habits.
- Coordinate with other industry team members to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons. Recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Participate in student performance evaluations. Prepare required documentation and evaluations.
- Administer and correct tests. Maintain progress and attendance reports.
- Control use of supplies, materials, and equipment. Recommend purchases.
- Assist in developing community linkages and partnerships.
- Access and training students to use computers and applicable software.
- Monitor student progress in the program by ensuring compliance with established Data Integrity guidelines. This includes the accurate and timely reporting of student progress and skill acquisition on Training Achievement Records (TARs), auditing of active and terminated TARs, other documentation sensitive to Data Integrity policies.
- Teach, model, and evaluate student employability skills.
- Develop and conduct enrichment program as assigned.
- Maintain accountability of students and property. Adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on Center which is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect. Provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Promote student attainment of career success standards through modeling appropriate skills, mentoring students, monitoring skill acquisition, and intervening when inappropriate behavior is observed.
- Transport students for training purposes as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Certificate from a professional Culinary Arts Organization.
- Two (2) years’ experience in the Culinary Arts field.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Successfully pass background check and drug test.
- State of Alaska teaching certificate.
Primary Location: US-Alaska-PALMER
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: AK0101083
Req ID: AK0101083