University of Alaska Student Union Fiscal Manager in Anchorage, Alaska
Student Union Fiscal Manager
Apply nowJob no:505362
Classification:Student Assistant C
Work type:Student Employee
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:VC, Student Affairs
Position Summary:Ready to put those hard earned accounting skills to work? Student Life and Leadership is currently recruiting for a Student Fiscal Manager to support the operations of the Student Union. This position is 10-15 hours/week and starts at $10.50 and can earn up to $11.25 with on-the-job experience.
• Preferred major in Finance, Accounting, Management or other related field
• Working knowledge in Microsoft Office and Quickbooks
• Cash handling and reconciliation experience
• GAAP knowledge
• Possess good organizational skills
• Ability to exercise good judgment and initiative in stressful or emergency situations
• General knowledge of UAA and the university system
• Previous customer service
• Effective communication skills
• Accounting 101 and 102 or 201 completed
• Cash handling and reconciliation
• Customer service
• Organizational skills
• Be in good disciplinary and academic standing with the University
Typical Education or Training:
• Be enrolled in the University of Alaska system with a minimum of six credit hours in the current semester of employment; or
• Have been enrolled the preceding semester for six or more credit hours and demonstrate plans to enroll for six or more credit hours in the next semester for employment if hired between semesters; and
• Have at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) or approval from the MAU Senior Student Life Officer or his/her designee.
• Students enrolled in non-traditional programs of study will be considered eligible for student employment with the approval of the Senior Student Life Officer.
• An applicant must provide evidence of enrollment as outlined above to substantiate employment eligibility.
• Candidates must be available for training prior to the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.
The Student Life Student Fiscal Manger will assist in verifying deposits for the Student Union Information Desk, the Union Station Coffee Shop as well as special events. The position will perform a variety of accounting tasks to assist the Director and Fiscal Coordinator and ensure compliance with all fiscal and cash handling policies for the department.
The Student Fiscal Manager will work with a team of 8-10 other student managers to oversee the successful operation of the Student Union and all of the services and programs within the department and facility. The position will also be responsible for assisting in the training of all student staff members in proper cash handling procedures, deposits, compliance and other financial policies.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 references with contact information.
Advertised:09 Jan 2017Alaskan Standard Time