HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Speech Therapist in Anchorage, Alaska
*Speech Therapist *
Alaska Regional Hospital consistently achieves top ratings and recognition for outstanding quality performance and excellent clinical outcomes. To achieve this level of high-quality, compassionate patient care, we depend on the collaborative efforts of our entire team, from physicians, to clinical specialists, and support staff. Anchorage is a thriving community offering plenty of opportunities to have fun. Alaska boasts some of the most incredible scenic beauty around the world and draws visitors year-round who come for a vacation and end up making Alaska home. Alaskans enjoy all the amenities of an urban lifestyle that includes performing arts, museums, cultural activities, shopping and fine dining only minutes from the great outdoors. You can enjoy golfing under the midnight sun, hiking, biking, fishing, skiing and other popular outdoor activities a short distance from home.
Speech Therapist PRN
*PRN Defined: *Cover for vacation, illness and when census requires additional staffing and increase in additional outpatient program.
PRN Commitment -Work one shift per two week pay period
- Provides diagnostic evaluations, including recommendations for possible treatment and provision of that treatment when indicated , in the general areas of speech and oral functioning, language, and voice deficits, cognitive impairments and swallowing deficits.
- Provides service to a variety of patient populations including pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric populations.
- Maintains an ongoing, supportive, and consultative relationship with significant persons in the patient’s life.
- Determines the need for appropriate referral of a patient to other specialists for consultation and/or treatment.
- Consults with primary physician regarding these needs and disposition of referrals.
* State of Alaska Speech Therapist License required.
* Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC) from the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association preferred and/or must be obtained within 12 months of hire. * BLS Required * Post Graduate Degree Required * 1 year acute/rehab experience preferred
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Speech Therapist
Location: Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 01406-5592