Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Senior Advisor in Anchorage, Alaska
Full Time / Part-Time
Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC) is recognized as one of Alaska’s leading companies with over 3,000 employees nationwide. As a proud Alaska Native Corporation, our success brings growth and benefits to our Iñupiat shareholders. The size and diversity of
our operations means we have a broad variety of career opportunities. We recruit only qualified people looking to join a workforce characterized by strong leadership, competent and hard-working staff, and a superior work environment with a focus on career
development, great wages and benefits.
As the Senior Advisor to the President\CEO works directly to execute the vision of the organization through organizational development and is responsible for tracking, analyzing, and providing advice on the full range of operational and policy issues. Specific
responsibilities fall broadly under four categories: (i) Analysis and Guidance on Strategy and Policy Issues, (ii) Operational Analysis and Monitoring, (iii) Liaison/Internal Coordination, and (iv) Administration with the organization.
a. Strategy and Planning
Stay abreast of Bank strategy and policy issues
Provide reviews of draft operational documents, policies, and strategies
Contribute to background analyses and recommendations for the President’s use
Review the drafts of the President’s speeches.
b. Operational Analysis and Monitoring
Evaluate operational documents before the President’s consideration of clearance or approval. These include report and recommendation of the President, technical assistance reports, operations business plans, change in scope memos, and other operational memos
Review and make recommendations on the consistency of individual developing member of operational programs with its business partnership strategy and other policies and strategies
Review and make recommendations on the consistency of internal documents and/or communication memos and policies, guidelines, and procedures
Track projects and programs in the loan/TA pipeline or business portfolio that have specific issues
Monitor project processing timelines and the Boards calendar.
c. Liaison/Internal Coordination
On the basis of general guidance from the Board of Directives:
Provide input and guidance to senior staff on Management views on the full range of operations, documents, and issues.
Coordinate with staff of operational departments on a variety of issues.
Coordinate with support departments within UIC (e.g., Strategy and Policy Department, Office of the General Counsel, Central Operations Services Office, Office of External Relations, etc.).
Coordinate with Senior Management staff across the organization on behalf of the President, offices of the Vice Presidents, and the Barrow headquarters.
- Track business schedules and manage operational duties that fall within such business schedule and focusing of critical deadlines.
e. Staff Supervision
Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, development studies, or related fields. University degree in Business Administration, Finance, development studies, or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar
organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
Relevant Experience And Other Requirements:
Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
At least 12 years relevant experience, including loan and TA processing
Outstanding interpersonal/negotiation skills, as well as the ability to liaise effectively with Management, senior staff, and staff of operations and support departments. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to operate as part of a team and as a change agent
Strong conceptual and organizational skills
Broad-based exposure to multilateral development bank’s policies and procedures
Wide-ranging interest in the full scope of policy and operational work
Keen enthusiasm and a capacity to deal effectively with multiple tasks under tight deadlines
Very good judgment
International experience working in several countries
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
• Provides supervision to others in completing their technical tasks
• Is called upon for advice and guidance based on expertise gained by working in different countries and organizations
• Contributes advanced knowledge and expertise to different parts of the organization
• Proposes effective services and solutions to staff beyond presenting issues and past challenges
• Assists colleagues adapt to the cultural and business norms of diverse clients and country situations
• Gains respect for the breadth and depth of expertise demonstrated in effectively managing diverse clients and country situations
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
• Resolves situations where client needs are not being met
• Shares past experiences from different projects, organizations, and countries to help achieve quality results
• Ensures that thorough analysis includes current and relevant factors from different countries and contexts
• Is sought for guidance and experience in overcoming the most challenging situations
• Draws on long-term relationships with stakeholders to help plan for and achieve results
• Addresses team members not contributing to required standards
• Commits to delivering timely and high quality work to assist in the team’s success
• Develops and maintains good internal and external peer and senior level relationships
• Helps teams understand common features to build rapport and overcome challenges
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
• Provides stakeholders with the level and quality of information required to achieve outcomes
• Encourages others to seek long-term solutions to address feedback opposed to focusing on immediate concerns or reactions
• Uses breadth of multi-country and multi-client knowledge to equip clients and staff for more effective outcomes
• Implements project and program knowledge and services
Innovation and Change
• Consistently seeks more effective and practical ways for the delivery of services, products, and processes
• Proposes new ways to improve the quality and relevance of products and services
• Includes the core benefits and reasons for change when developing comprehensive change roll out plans
• Influences and persuades decision makers by presenting business cases supporting the proposed changes
Immediate Reporting Relationships / Other Information:
• Supervisor: President\CEO
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41