Wolf Creek Federal Services Secretary II- HR in ANCHORAGE, Alaska
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/ General Description of Job:
Primarily provides support and assistance to the Human Resource Manager, AFSO. Provides skills and advice in the technical areas of the department administrative functions. Provides assistance with overall maintenance and coordination of the HR recruiting database programs to ensure appropriate compliance and participation. Assists in processing various on-boarding and employment related documentation in a timely and accurate manner. Provides information, reports and audits as requested by the HR Manager.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Provides direct administrative support to the Human Resources/Assistant Facility Security Officer.
- Assists with Chugach Corporate HR Programs, policies and procedures
- Safeguards and maintains confidentiality for Human Resources, files in compliance with all retention policies.
- Performs filing tasks and maintaining filing records including personnel, medical, I-9, EEO, Benefits, etc.
- Prepares a wide variety of recurring and non-recurring personnel correspondence to include offer letters and verifications of employment.
- Receives telephone calls, greet visitors and ascertains the nature of the calls or visits, screening those that can be handled without supervisor’s assistance.
- Assists with recruitment process to include job postings, screening applications, and checking references.
- Assists with the background check processes for all new employees to include initiating and obtaining background check results from the vendor
- Submits for pre-employment physicals for new hires working at contract remote locations
- Provides new employee orientation and ensure all paperwork and files are accurately completed in a timely manner
- Assisting with processing employment documents-including but not limited to I9s, W4, address change forms, personnel change forms and other processing documents associated with the HR Dept.
- Tracks and generates weekly recruiting status report
- Edits and prepares department Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist with special projects and assistance within the office as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all work
- Working closely and harmoniously with other employees
- Maintaining complete confidentiality regarding personnel files
- Adhering to personnel policies, and contract requirements.
- Working closely and harmoniously with fellow workers.
- Plan, organize work, and meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, customer service, and presentation skills
- Self-starter who possess ability to work independently but is also a strong team player.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Associates Degree in Business or related field. Experience may be substituted
- Three (3) years Human Resources experience may be substituted
- At least two (2) years secretarial/clerical experience working in an office setting
- Proficient skills in Microsoft office software, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Mature judgment and ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
- Valid State Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to successfully pass a National Agency Check with Inquiries
- Occasional lifting, handling, or moving of file boxes up to 20 pounds may be required
- Previous experience using Microsoft PowerPoint and Access.
Primary Location: US-Alaska-ANCHORAGE
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: AK0101070
Req ID: AK0101070