Southcentral Foundation Pharmacist in Anchorage, Alaska
Regular Full Time
- Southcentral Foundation is seeking to hire an experienced PHARMACIST in our fast-growing Medical Services Division!
Southcentral Foundation (SCF) is seeking to hire an experienced Pharmacist to join our dynamic Medical Services Division! SCF is an Alaska Native-owned, nonprofit health care organization located on the Alaska Native Health Campus serving nearly 65,000 Alaska Native and American Indian people (customer-owners) living in Anchorage, Matanuska-Susitna Valley and 55 rural villages.
The right candidate performs pharmaceutical care activities for outpatient and inpatient that require application of clinical pharmacy principles.
Daily Duties and Expectations:
• Provides pharmaceutical care to ambulatory and inpatient customers in a timely and efficient manner ensuring that the customer-owner is treated with courtesy and respect:
o Assures the availability, preparation and control of medications. Notifies departments of problems and medication errors.
o Assures the appropriateness of drug therapy and contacts the provider with recommendations for changes or corrections that are necessary.
o Verifies that the customer-owner understands their medication and the appropriate outcome of their drug therapy.
o Manages therapy for selected customer-owners in whom drugs are the primary method of treatment.
o Works with outpatient departments to ensure that medications are stored appropriately and that staff is up-to-date on changes in medication administration.
o Counsels customer-owners so that they understand their medication and possible side effects.
• Provides health promotion and disease prevention activities relating to drug use and preventive drug therapy for customer-owners and staff:
o Provides drug information, drug therapy consultation and staff education related to drug therapy.
o Advises customer-owners and family members in methods that facilitate a capacity for self-care and a movement towards a health care partnership between the health care providers, the customer-owners and their families.
o Assists in committee and administrative duties within the Pharmacy.
o Coordinates and works with other team members to ensure the efficient and effective flow of customer-owners through the Pharmacy.
o Maintains a clean work environment including adequate supplies and upkeep of unit and equipment.
o Reports defective or missing equipment and safety hazards.
• Strong communications and interpersonal relationships skills in order to ensure customer-owners perceive that the staff is interested in attending to their needs.
• Seeks out additional learning opportunities to continue to develop the technical and professional skills needed now and in the future.
• Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions by following through on commitments.
• Thorough proficiency in the use of the appropriate computer-based software in order to obtain customer-owner information, update medication lists and check messages.
• Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of products, prescription drugs and appropriate use.
• Knowledge of 1974 Privacy Act is required as use of customer-owner record is an integral part of the position and privacy of individuals must be protected to the fullest.
• Ability to perform job with minimum supervision.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control standards.
Qualifications for Pharmacist:
• Degree in Pharmacy.
• Registered Pharmacist with a current Alaska license.
Imagine working for an entire people, instead of a business. SCF can give you that job satisfaction. Come join our innovative, cutting edge, award-winning health care organization expanding the frontier of health care!
Salary DOE with outstanding Benefits package including an employer matched 401(k) plan and participation in the Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) Program. For additional information, please visit our website at: https://www.southcentralfoundation.com/employment/benefits/
To express interest in the Pharmacist opportunity, please apply online at: https://www.southcentralfoundation.com/employment/job-openings/ OR contact the Southcentral Foundation Recruiting Team at (907) 729-4977.