The Salvation Army Janitor in Anchorage, Alaska
05085 Janitor/Driver 05.11.18
Anchorage Corps Community Center
Job/Requisition Number: 05085 Janitor/Driver 05.11.18
The Salvation Army’s Anchorage Corps Community Center is seeking a part-time Janitor/Driver to be responsible for the cleanliness, safety, and upkeep of the facility and the program vehicles. This position will operate various cleaning equipment (vacuum cleaner,
floor polishing/buffing machinery, etc.), as well as drive a van (or bus) for the pick-up and delivery of program participants.
This is a part-time position, 15 hours per week. Pay: $10.00/hour.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE but are not limited to:
• Clean entire facility to include: mop, vacuum, polish floors, dust, and disinfect areas such as eating areas, kitchen, showers, restrooms, and nursery
• Monitor cleaning supplies and advise Corps Officers of needed materials; order/replenish as approved and directed
• Ensure external and internal walkways are clear of natural and/or manmade hazards
• Monitor facility, program vehicles, and cleaning equipment and supplies for potential safety hazards and report findings to Corps Officers
• Drive program vehicles as directed
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Prior experience preferred; must have general knowledge of janitorial services
• Knowledgeable of safe handling of cleaning chemicals as outlined by OSHA standards
• Ability to accomplish assigned duties with minimal supervision
• Self-discipline necessary to perform repetitive tasks without lowering quality of work
• Skilled in interacting with a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds and temperaments
• Current CPR/First Aid Certification; must be physically able to provide emergency care if situation arises
• Reliable attendance and means of getting to the workplace as scheduled is essential
• Current Alaska driver’s license with acceptable driving record; NOTE: must be 21 years old to drive on behalf of The Salvation Army (this is an organizational requirement)
• Acceptable criminal history background checks including a fingerprint-based check to meet child care licensing requirements
This posting should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this
QUESTIONS: Contact Capt. Hilary Patterson at 907-375-3585 or Grace Green at 907-375-3584
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete job applications entirely. Incomplete job applications cannot be accepted.
To apply on-line . . . click on the “Apply On-line” blue text in lower right corner of this page.
To apply in person . . . go to The Salvation Army, 143 E. 9th Avenue, Anchorage AK 99501. Please bring resume, cover letter, and complete the application provided to you.
To request hard-copy application . . . send email to: AK.HR@usw.salvationarmy.org
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at 907-339-3436.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41