PDS Tech Inc Designer/Drafter 1 in Anchorage, Alaska
PDS Tech Inc is seeking Designer/Drafter located in Anchorage,AK.
We are currently searching for an experienced CAD Drafter to support our Fire System and Security group located in Anchorage, AK. The CAD Drafter position is office-based and is responsible for supporting the design of fire alarm systems and security systems using company tools and operating protocols.
*Assembles operation and maintenance manuals and systems documentation for system owners.
*Prepares submittal packages, riser and floor plans.
*Prepares voltage drop calculations, load calculations, battery calculations under the direction of the branch engineering staff.
*Performs other related document and drawing tasks as assigned.
*Attends and successfully complete training classes and seminars offered by the company and other agencies.
*Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
*Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information.
*Performs technical administrative support tasks as needed.
• Bachelor’s or Associates in an Engineering discipline preferred, although candidates with a Technical School Certificate in a directly-related field along with experience will also be considered.
• 2-5 years engineering/systems or other related experience.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Fully proficient and independent design skills.
• Able to design small jobs with deviation from standard tools, products or practices as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.