The Salvation Army Counselor in Anchorage, Alaska
05095 Counselor II FT 02.23.18
Full Time COUNSELOR II
CLITHEROE RESIDENTIAL FACILITY, Anchorage, AK
The Salvation Army’s Clitheroe Residential Facility has an opening for a full time Counselor II. Under the general supervision of the Clinical Manager, the Counselor II supports residential chemically dependent clients in developing skills to support a clean
and sober, emotionally stable lifestyle by providing and comprehensively overseeing the treatment process for clients from admission to discharge from residential treatment. This position works with other agencies and partners to assure continuity of care
via technology and through referrals to other providers.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Starting pay is $27.00/hour.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE but are not limited to:
• Develop comprehensive needs-based treatment plans
• Administer client testing; perform motivational counseling; provide referral services for clients
• Maintain client charts; document group and individual notes; prepare case reviews, aftercare plans and discharge summaries according to established procedures
• Provide professional and therapeutic treatment; case management; education and counseling to clients, family members, and significant others
• Master’s Degree in social work, psychology, or a related clinical field
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in direct service delivery in the field of substance abuse treatment and/or co-occurring disorders. Experience working with diverse populations
• Ability to meet Alaska State Certification CII requirements within one (1) year of hire
• Skill in group, individual, and family counseling, didactic presentations, case management, treatment planning, discharge planning, crisis intervention, and client assessment and evaluation
• Knowledge of Alaska criminal justice system and Dept. of Corrections
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, ability to work harmoniously and collaboratively with others under a minimum of direct supervision
• Current Alaska driver’s license with acceptable driving and criminal history records
This posting should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this
QUESTIIONS: Contact Fiona Johnson, Residential Clinical Manager, 907-243-1181
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete job applications entirely. Incomplete job applications cannot be accepted.
To apply on-line . . . click on the “Apply On-line” button in lower right corner of this page.
To apply in person . . . go to The Salvation Army, 143 E. 9th Avenue, Anchorage AK 99501. Please bring resume, cover letter, and complete the application provided to you.
To request PDF fillable application . . . send email to: AK.HR@usw.salvationarmy.org
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at 907-339-3435.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41