The Salvation Army Cook in Anchorage, Alaska
05090 CookPT 03.19.18
Part-Time COOK / OLDER ALASKANS PROGRAM, Anchorage, AK
The Salvation Army’s Older Alaskans Program (OAP) is seeking a part-time COOK to assist in the preparation and serving of planned meals for the Older Alaskans Program nutrition services and for McKinnell House. This position functions under the supervision
of the Lead Cook and is instrumental in helping to maintain quality food standards with respect to content, texture, and temperature. The part-time cook will assist with the maintenance of equipment, kitchen, and dining areas to assure compliance to standard
food safety and sanitation procedures and all applicable food service codes.
This is a part-time position, approximately 20 hours per week. Starting rate: $10.50/hour.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE but are not limited to:
• Prepare appropriate foods – hot or cold – in a timely manner per pre-planned menus
• Assure meals are prepared and served with adequate measures and portion control to minimize leftover/waste
• Assure all foods and other products are received and stored in a safe, sanitary manner
• Operate commercial dishwasher for cleaning and sanitizing dinnerware and utensils
• Clean and sanitize equipment daily
• High School diploma or GED and at least 2-3 years’ experience cooking in an unsupervised and/or institutional setting
• Current MOA Food Handler’s Card or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire is required
• Ability to: keep accurate records; speak and read English; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; manage time effectively; operate kitchen equipment; and lift 30 lbs.
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends, to meet demands of department
• Team oriented individual with a solid work ethic
This posting should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this
QUESTIONS: Contact William Goss, Food Services Manager, 907-375-3549
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete job applications entirely. Incomplete job applications cannot be accepted.
To apply on-line . . . click on the “Apply On-line” blue type in lower right corner of this page.
To apply in person . . . go to The Salvation Army, 143 E. 9th Avenue, Anchorage AK 99501. Please bring resume, cover letter, and complete the application provided to you.
To request a hard-copy application . . . send email to: AK.HR@usw.salvationarmy.org
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at 907-339-3436.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41